Our endeavors are organized around three core domains of collaborative educational practice central to advancing educational access, quality, and equity:
- Designing & Supporting Ambitious Instruction
Explore the work of community leaders in organizing and engaging students, parents, families, and community members as active agents of educational innovation and improvement.
- Transforming Schools & Systems
Explore the work of advancing ambitious, equitable learning experiences that supports students’ intellectual growth, social development, and personal well-being.
- Catalyzing & Empowering Communities
Explore the work of building shared ambitions and commitments for advancing educational access, quality, and equity for students.
Within these domains, our work takes a number of forms:
- Online learning opportunities: In addition to online learning opportunities developed by EdHub team members, the EdHub supports the development and creation of faculty-generated online learning opportunities and offerings created in contract with external partners.
- Events: The EdHub hosts and co-hosts Town Halls, symposium, workshops, panels, interviews, and other live- and recorded events.
- Resource Cataloging: The EdHub site collects and catalogs resources for families, community advocates, educational professionals, and policy makers on our website including links to professional and public learning experiences beyond the Marsal Family School of Education, among EdHub partners in-and-beyond the University of Michigan.
- EdHub Design Lab: The EdHub Design Lab includes a recording studio and a mobile recording cart that can be used in the development of online learning opportunities by Marsal School faculty, staff, and graduate students.
Diversity, Inclusion, Justice, and Equity
The work of the EdHub upholds the Marsal School’s dije commitments by using the online platform as a means of increasing access to a Marsal School education, diversifying the student body, centering dije-related priorities in its program strands, and creating new opportunities for research-practice partnerships toward equity.
The vision for the EdHub is focused squarely on catalyzing an inclusive, diverse community with commitments and capabilities to advance educational access, quality, and equity. This is directly supported by our intentionally designed architecture for online programming and our progressive development agenda.