FAQ icon

Need Answers?

Directory Icon

Email, Phone, and Addresses

Graduation cap icon

Explore Degrees

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
If you’re not finding what you need, please contact us.

Filter By
Undergraduate Programs

For current University of Michigan students interested in secondary teacher certification, it is possible to stay in your current unit and receive your degree through that unit while obtaining teacher certification through the Marsal School. Secondary teacher candidates electing to do so are responsible for meeting both the degree requirements for their home unit and certification requirements through the Marsal School. In some cases, those requirements can and do differ. For example, a math major in in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts has slightly different coursework requirements and teacher certification requirements, in terms of coursework, and is responsible for understanding those different requirements and fulfilling both.